The September 2021 issue offers a feature on drone technology and a special focus on international productions, with coverage of The Eight Hundred, Censor and The Wall of Shadows. Here’s a look at this month’s slate:
AC spotlights dynamic use of drone technology with ASC member Claudio Miranda, Society associate Mark Bender and other industry pros.
- Cinematographer Cao Yu, ASC, CNSC details his creative vision on the ambitious Chinese war epic The Eight Hundred.
- Cinematographer Annika Summerson and director Prano Bailey-Bond discuss re-creating the look of low-budget 1980s horror movies for the U.K. thriller Censor.
- Cinematographers Piotr Rosołowski and Keith Partridge, along with director Eliza Kubarska, share their experiences shooting the documentary The Wall of Shadows in Nepal.
- The Virtual World: An examination of lighting techniques for LED-wall stages.
- Shot Craft: A discussion of large-format cinematography.
- Clubhouse News: ASC members enjoy an outdoor gathering at the Society’s Clubhouse.
- Wrap Shot: Linus Sandgren, ASC, FSF and key grip David Appleby on location in Matera, Italy, during production of the 25th James Bond film, No Time to Die.