ASC Master Class Online Aug 27th - 28th 2022
Focusing on Lighting Demos
The American Society of Cinematographers will hold a two-day Online Master Class, from Saturday, Aug 27th to Sunday, Aug 28th. Derived and adapted from our signature in-person Master Classes, the seminar will have live interactions and Q&A with some of the world’s top working cinematographers. The class size will be limited to 30 participants.
Confirmed ASC instructors*:
John Conroy, ASC, ISC (Penny Dreadful, Westworld, Luther, The Name of the Rose)
Patrick Cady, ASC (Bosch, Rectify, Interrogation)
Quyen Tran, ASC (Pali Road, Palm Springs, Maid)
The planned curriculum — including 2 pre-recorded lighting demonstrations by separate instructors, selected film clips, live instruction and interactive discussion periods — is designed to last about 6 1/2 hours per day, with each session starting at 7.30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (10.30 AM New York; 3.30 PM London; 4.30 PM Berlin; 9:00 PM Mumbai; 11.30 PM Beijing).
The program will include:
• Welcome address by ASC member describing the online Master Class format.
• Presentations by ASC instructors followed by Q&A sessions, allowing students to address specific areas of interest or gain further detail.
• Two separate lighting demonstrations – set up, shooting, editing and color grading – live-narrated by the on-set DP
• Deep-dive discussions on influential films of artistic significance, curated by ASC instructors, (to be viewed by students prior to session.)
• Participation with ASC Ambassadors — members in addition to primary event instructors — in break-out rooms for discussions and daily social sessions.
• Panel discussions with ASC members on select topics.
Registration is now open for students worldwide. All instruction will be in English and conducted via Zoom.
The price of participation in this two-day event is $800 USD, paid by Monday, August 22nd.
A complete, final day-to-day schedule will be emailed to participants on Wednesday, August 24th.
The in-person ASC Master Classes will resume when health conditions permit. Attendees at the online Master Class will also be given a 10% discount on a future in-person Master Class.
* While confirmed, all instructors will participate based on availability.