Consisting of over 17 hours of behind-the-scenes material and hundreds pages of the actual documents used in the making of 2 Million Stupid Women, FILMMAKER IN A BOX will take you, step-by-step, through the exact process this team took to mount an independent feature film from the ground up. FILMMAKER IN A BOX shines a light on every potential misstep and lucky break that can fall into a first-time (or second or third!) filmmaker's lap. If you've never made a film before, after going through all ten discs of this box-set, you'll feel as though you have.
To get a real idea of what's inside, you need to see the FULL TABLE OF CONTENTS listing, but just as a sample FIB includes:
The complete movie making experience all in one package. Over 17 hours divided into 108 individual video modules covering:
• Production Diary
• Post Production Sound
Plus a CD-Rom of all the documents including:
• Full Budget
• Call Sheets
• Casting Notes
FILMMAKER IN A BOX also includes such unique features as:
• Audition footage
• Rehearsals with the actors
• The complete, pre-mixed, rough-cut of 2 Million Stupid Women
• The entire table read with the cast and filmmakers of 2 Million Stupid Women
• Comprehensive explanations on lighting and recording sound for every day of production
• Behind the scenes footage shot during principle photography
• Examples of the contracts, permits, call sheets, sound reports, and dozens of other pertinent documents used during production
• Over 100 individual video modules detailing every single element of pre-production, production and post-production
• The final release version of 2 Million Stupid Women
• And even more…
FIB is a must-own for anyone contemplating a feature film; from new filmmakers to experienced producers who are seeking a competitive edge. It is beyond anything you can learn from film school or filmmaking tips in a book. This is as close to the experience of actually making an independent film as you can get without actually doing it.
The team behind 2 Million Stupid Women and FILMMAKER IN A BOX were comprised of professionals with nearly 100 years of combined experience in the motion picture industry. Their talents have contributed to productions like Steven Spielberg's Minority Report, CBS' CSI: New York and Without a Trace, Showtime's Dexter, Sean Penn's documentary Witch Hunt, the Sundance Grand Jury Prize Nominee Steel City in addition to teachings at the New York Film Academy and contributions to publications such as The Hollywood Reporter, American Cinematographer Magazine, Videography and DV Magazines.
Through candid, first-hand anecdotes, hard earned by actual independent filmmakers, FILMMAKER IN A BOX will help prepare you for what to expect before you ever step foot on set. Whether you're prepping your first film, or you're simply curious what goes into making an independent film, FILMMAKER IN A BOX is an essential tool of every aspiring moviemaker.